Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mozart's Music Does Not Make You Smarter, Study Finds

For more than 15 years scientists thought that listening to Mozart's music made you smarter. Well, at the Vienna College some students found that that was just a myth. There were 40 independent studies with more than 3000 participants. They found that listening to that music didn't specifically help our way of thinking. The researchers say the music is fine and is very nice but it just won't make you smarter.

My mom told me she made me listen to classical music every morning when I was a baby. And I would always say that it didn't work on me just playing around, but know I know that it didn't really change anything at all to me. I actually thought it was true though, that listening to classical music at an early age would help you grow more intellectually.

Link: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/05/100510075415.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment