Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Chocolate and Depressionhttp

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/04/26/chocolate.depression/index.html


According to a study published this week people who feel depressed eat about 55% more of depressed people eat chocolate than non-depressed people. The more depressed they feel, the more chocolate they tend to eat. In the study the scientist surveyed 900 people about their weekly chocolate consumption and overall diet. They also looked at the moods of the participants by questioning them and looking for depression. People on antidepressants were removed from the study. The depressed people ate 8.4 servings of chocolate per month while the ones who weren't depressed consumed just 5.4 servings each month.


I know when I'm depressed I don't eat chocolate because it gives me headaches. But i find this interesting because my sister does this. When she is upset she will eat some chocolate but she wont feel depressed about it later... but i know for a fact that she does eat it when upset. I also know my mother does this. What if its hereditary.......that would be so cool, not really cause then everyone would be fat. But this is pretty cool. I knew that they had a connection but i have never seen a study on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment